Mordheim: Undead Warband
Posted: 01. 02. 2022.
Seeing how many undead minis I had lying around, it occured to me I could easily assemble a new Mordheim warband. The bulk of the minions was already table-ready, so I'd basically need to convert and paint a handful of new minis to represent the heroes.
The Undead in Mordheim have the following choices:
- 1 Vampire: the leader of the gang and an absolute monstrosity. The model I chose is Vyrkos Bloodborn from Cursed City board game, but with a Bat Swarm head swap to make him even more ferocious. I think he fits very nicely in Mordheim with the sword and scraps of armour. The pose makes the mini stand out as an important character in the warband.
- 0-1 Necromancer: the Vampire's dark wizard servant. Octren Glimscry miniature from Cursed City fits the role perfectly. It only received a beard trim, the rest is out of the box.
- 0-3 Dregs: miserable survivors of Mordheim's disaster, recruited by the Vampire to do their bidding. The latest plastic Zombie kit from GW is a goldmine for converting gangly, ragged people. Just a little bit of putty to remove signs of decomposition is required.
- Zombies: Necromantically reanimated corpses. My collection already contained some made of Mantic Games zombie and ghoul parts, but I bolstered their ranks with conversions of new GW ones.
- Ghouls: Cannibalistic degenerates. These are Bad Squiddo Games Ghoul Mothers + the female ghoul from the Flesh Eater Courts warband for Warhammer Underworlds. Already had them from earlier.
- 0-5 Dire Wolves: reanimaded monstrous wolves. My choice of model to represent them were Dire Wolves from Reaper Miniatures. GW has big plastic ones, but they are far too huge and cartoony for my taste.
The Undead could also use an Ogre Bodyguard model, which is a mercenary they can hire. Kosargi Guards from Cursed City are spot on for this role, and I have two of them. No reason not to add one to the warband at a later date. I don't know when I'll next be playing Mordheim, but it's nice to have another warband ready to go.
Vampire and Ghouls
Necromancer and Dregs
If you need your own Mordheim warband converted and/or painted, drop me an email - you can find it in the bottom of the page, along with the Gardens of Hecate Facebook, Instagram and RSS links.
Have to say, your Zombies will haunt my nightmares! Genius to remove the eyes an just leave empty holes. All in all this is a creat warband, moody, sombre and unsettling.
Thanks a bunch!
Your painting is amazing. I absolutely love the style and conversions.
Simply wonderful! You have such a wicked talent! The city of Mordheim definitely needs more of your artistic attention!
Thank you very much!
These are fantastic! Great work
The ghouls are so scary!